How I win without compromise
Have you ever asked yourself what it really takes to be successful? Undoubtedly, our culture has been one that has become fixated on viral sensations, a quest for what’s trending, and a mindset of “the more you have the more you are”. Is it just me, or have you noticed this occurrence? Measuring success is subjective enough and once you add culture and society into the mix, gauging one’s success can be conflicting.
According to dictionary.com the first two noun definitions of success are:
- the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors; the accomplishment of one’s goals.
- the attainment of wealth, position, honors, or the like
Let’s take the first reference, “the accomplishment of one’s goals.” I love that it references the individual aspect of goals. I believe that it is our responsibility to define what success looks like for us based on our goals. Let’s take the second reference. It speaks to tangible ways to track success based on benchmarks.
These definitions give us a great frame of reference, but I believe everyone should set their own rules for success. These rules should be designed to place guardrails on your actions and to keep you motivated through the challenges of life.
In today’s post, I will be sharing my top 10 rules for success. These are my rules and I encourage you to outline and define your own. I curated my rules in such a way that I can always WIN without compromise.
These rules align closely with my faith, my motivation, and my ambition!
My TOP 10 Rules for Success
- Seek God in prayer and through studying his word
- Align my will with his will
- Define my own paradigm of success
- Set and document goals
- Strategize how I will accomplish my goals
- Create a plan of action
- Find ways to hold myself accountable
- Don’t succeed at the expense of others or at the expense of integrity
- Ensure what I consider that what I consider “wins” are pleasing to God
- Learn as much from failure as I learn from success
I hope this encourages you to think about success from a personalized lens.
Below are some books that I hope to add to my collection to help me on my success journey.
I recently read, Daring Greatly and I highly recommend this book to other on their success journey! Check it out.
Leave a comment and share your perspective on success!
Subscribe to the blog below!
Affiliate links included where I receive compensation at no additional cost to you.