8 Ways to Make an Impact in the Workplace and your Community
In honor of Women’s History Month and International Women’s Day, here are 8 ways you make an impact in your workplace and community. Today, I am sharing powerful tips you can implement to be successful in the marketplace, your community, and in your life!
“If they don’t give you a seat at the table, bring a folding chair.”– Shirley Chisholm
Eight Ways to Own Your Seat at the Table
- Develop a recognizable brand – what do you want to be known for?
- Establish yourself as an authority in a particular area or field of study
- Speak up – always find some way to contribute to the conversation
- Lift as you climb – mentor and give back
- Silence the noise – don’t worry about what “they” say
- Be bold, courageous, and confident in your abilities
- Serve others – the assignment is bigger than us as individuals
- Have faith and believe
My encouragement to you is that you take hold to these principles and action steps. Earn your seat… own your seat!!
Happy International Women’s Day!
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified: do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”Joshua 1:9
Are you looking to grow as a leader?
Check out my leadership blog series!