Top 5 Fall Meal Planning Tips for Busy Families
It’s fall! Can we get excited about transitioning into a new season?!?!
In today’s post, I am going to share my top five meal planning tips for busy families. Fall is my favorite season for many reasons. I love cozy clothes and fall fashion, watching the foliage change, fall spices, and so much more. Another favorite is fall foods. To me, fall foods are so cozy and comforting. As the nights turn crisp and the mornings usher in a chill, I transition away from summer foods to my fall favorites!
Fall also reminds me of these two scriptures:
“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens…”Ecclesiastes 3: 1
“He changes times and seasons…”Daniel 2:21
Fall Foods & Fall Meal Planning Tips
When I think of fall foods a few things come to mind:
- Tailgating/ Football grab and go foods
- Cozy foods such as soups and pot pie
- Pumpkin Spice
- Gourds, Greens and root vegetables
- Grain Bowls
- Harvest Salads
Let me know your favorite fall food in the comments below!
Here are my TOP 5 Fall Meal Planning Tips for Busy Families:
- Don’t overthink meal planning. If you do, you will be more likely to get discouraged and just order takeout or prepare something you’re not excited about.
- Shop what’s in season. These foods tend to stay fresher longer, giving you more time to consume them and incorporate them into your recipes. In season foods also tend to be more budget friendly than out of season produce.
- Keep your favorite basics on hand to minimize additional store runs. Stock up on items such as grains (farro is my new favorite), flour, broths/stocks, and fall spices.
- Gourds, Greens and root vegetables hold up well when prepared in advance. R0ast vegetables in advance to use in harvest salads, grain bowls, and side dishes. Grains also meal prep well.
- Find fall flavor profiles that your children enjoy to avoid having to prepare separate foods for young eaters!
Happy Meal Planning!
If you’re interested in Fall Fashion, head over to this blog post, 3 Fall Fashion Tips For The Mom On The Go!
Pingback: Fall Reading List - Career Mom Community
Pingback: 10 Quick and Creative Meal Ideas for Busy Moms - Career Mom Community